Humans of LBCC


Monique Montoya

“She showed me what true battling was”
My name is Monique Montoya and I’m majoring in Phycology here at LBCC. I’m from eastern Oregon, a small town named Echo, Oregon. It’s over by Pendleton, Oregon and La grande. Over in that area. Something that inspires me would be my aunt, Denene. She passed away from breast cancer a couple years ago. She showed me what true battling was. She used to go by this saying that she used to say a lot, and that was to “kill them with kindness,” and so I really live by a lot. One of my favorite things is sports! I used to play third base in softball while I was in high school. I also played the setter in volleyball. I’ve always loved watching sports mostly! I also love to hike. I’ll hike anywhere it doesn’t matter.







David Briggs 


My guitar was a gift from my brother. Back in high school I had the nickname of “cool guitar dude” because I used to just walk around the halls and play my guitar.

What inspires me most is definitely music. Every time I listen to music I have ideas. My favorite kinds of music are definitely classical and a lot of jazz like Frank Sinatra. He's probably one of my favorites. Well actually my absolute favorite is my choir teacher from my high school named Duncan. He’s inspired me the most. The times where he was really passionate about music and helping us learn are some of the most inspiring moments I had with him. We still talk to this day.

I’m not majoring in music, but I am majoring in graphic design. My dad was a very special and artistic person. He was very skilled in graphic design. He made his own playing cards for Bicycle before he passed away from cancer very shortly after, he was my biggest inspiration for that area of expertise. Music is always going to be the most on my list for anything. I would never throw away music for something else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight/Review -- Black Art: In The Absence of Light

Hometown - Alsea, Oregon

Profile: Dale Stepnicka of Animal House in Corvallis