Humans of LBCC - Week 2

Jared Knowleton


My name is Jared Knowleton. I work for the school in the greenhouse, that’s what I’m doing right now, and I do some work on the farm for the horticultural department. I’m majoring in biology here at LBCC, I love anything biology I’m just totally obsessed with it. I love hiking, camping and I love being outside. I also love to cook, but that’s more on the side. A lot of the food I cook is fresh from the garden which is a great perk to this job. I’m a second year student at LBCC. I picked LBCC since it’s close by, I live in corvallis, and I can do all my general credits here before transferring to OSU. I’ve grown to really like it here a lot actually. I have not grown up here, I’m from Missouri. I lived in Kansas City Missouri for most of my life and then I moved here after high school. I moved here because I really wanted to get out of Missouri and go do my own thing. I like the coast a lot and I have an aunt that lives in Portland that I would visit. I’ve always loved it here, so I came out here. Something I want to achieve in life? I want to make a discovery that helps our planet. Climate change, pollution, biodiversity of species, whatever. That’s my ultimate goal.





Wesley Parker

My name is Wesley Parker and I’m going to LBCC for an associates in biology. Science is the subject I’m best at it’s always what I’ve wanted to do so that’s what I’m going for. I picked LBCC since it’s only a 30 minute drive from my house and I can finish my entire degree here so that's a bonus. My greatest challenge at the moment is definitely my physics class. That’s the main thing that bothers me recently. My happy place? My happy place is at home in my bed. I don’t really have a happy place, I’m kind of always at a medium happy. I love cars. I have an old Toyota. I like cars from before the 2000s. There's less computers, so there's less I can mess up. I like trying things that are new and kind of scary to me because I always end up realizing how it’s not that bad. Where do I see myself in ten years? Hopefully with the same car, and not wasting my money on anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight/Review -- Black Art: In The Absence of Light

Hometown - Alsea, Oregon

Profile: Dale Stepnicka of Animal House in Corvallis