Revived and Ready

Dear Blog,

It’s getting a little stuffy in here, isn’t it? It’s been almost over a year since I’ve been on this blog. Though truth be told, I do visit it every once in a while to reminisce. 

Now I don’t want to be too depressing or nostalgic, but I’d like to fill you in on my past year. 

When the Coronavirus shook the world a year ago, I like everyone else was selfishly upset. My first year of college had abruptly ended. Friends I’d grown close to drifted and opportunities I’d faced faded. It was shocking and a setback in my life.

I was on a high for most of my first year of college and was then put through withdrawal. Symptoms included self confidence plummeting, anxiety heightening, and the feeling of the world crumbling around me. Around this same time my papa was diagnosed with brain cancer with 6 months to live. He passed on August 29, 2020.

Then my granny with Alzheimer's moved in with my family and then my brother, my best friend,  joined The Navy. After that my granny broke her hip and we were forced to put her in a nursing home. 

I feel good going into spring term. I really do. Frankly, the last two have felt like walking through tar. But I’ve signed up for a yoga class this term and I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ve been missing. ;)

My goals for this term are to keep smiling, stay positive and to work hard. I also plan on getting straight A’s. Which would make an entire year of straight A’s! That would be pretty cool. 

Feature writing is a class I'm taking this term. I've been looking forward to it for a whole year. I'm excited to start writing again.

All the best,

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight/Review -- Black Art: In The Absence of Light

Profile: Dale Stepnicka of Animal House in Corvallis

Hometown - Alsea, Oregon